Laboratory Technician for Equipment Maintenance
CZ-OPENSCREEN: National infrastructure for chemical biology is seeking a highly motivated candidate for the position of Lab technician for equipment maintenance
The Laboratory Technician for Equipment Maintenance will mainly ensure all laboratory equipment is maintained in good working condition for use in the research projects to be able to generate accurate and reliable results.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Routine periodical maintenance and calibration of high-tech lab equipment, such as multimode optical readers, liquid handlers, incubators, and laboratory automation. Instruments are both standalone and integrated within robotic automated platforms
- Coordination and scheduling of equipment calibration and preventive maintenance visits with external vendors
- Troubleshooting of equipment errors, performing minor repairs, reporting to the support systems of outside vendors and coordination of service visits
- Assistance with the implementation of engineering changes, installation, and initialization of new equipment to ensure efficient operation
- Providing support to the users
- Participation on development of Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs)
- Advanced technical skills
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Czech language (communication level)
- Interest in lab equipment maintenance, calibration, and troubleshooting
- Ability to organize time effectively and work systematically
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate with other team members and external users
- Previous experience with maintaining lab equipment and/or a degree in technical field of study is an advantage
- 5 weeks of vacation,
- sports facilities available at the campus (squash, volleyball court, basketball, gym)
Salary and other conditions
We offer competitive salary dependent on candidate’s experience and a unique opportunity to work in a new and state-of-the-art infrastructure and in a dynamically developing multidisciplinary team including specialists in the fields of biochemistry, molecular and cell biology, medicinal chemistry, and cheminformatics.
Employment type: Full-time contract
Expected starting date: September 2022 or later
If you are interested in this position, please send a cover letter and your professional CV to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information about our infrastructure and institute, please visit the following websites: www.openscreen.cz a www.img.cas.cz.