Technician in the Hearing and Vision Units
Czech Centre for Phenogenomics, member of IMPC and Infrafrontier consortiums is seeking motivated and responsible candidates for technician position in hearing and vision units.
- Performing non-invasive examination of mouse eyes with optical coherent tomography, Scheimpflug camera and electroretinography
- Performing non-invasive examination of mouse hearing with auditory brainstem response test
- Data processing
- Routine maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Collaboration in the preparation and implementation of experiments
- Other work activities as instructed by direct supervisors
- Education in biological, veterinary, medical or related field at least at high school leaving diploma level required
- Interest in learning and understanding of new methods and techniques
- Medical eligibility for work with laboratory animals (rodents)
- Working knowledge of English language and office / database software
- An experience with work in the laboratory, with rodent handling, study/work experience abroad and a valid certificate for working with laboratory animals are an advantage. However, the position is also suitable for graduates.
- Job opportunity in the international environment of a top science center
- Possibility of professional growth and further education, including language courses
- Competitive salary
- Five weeks of vacation, three sick-days and a standard range of benefits offered by the Institute of Molecular Genetics of the Czech Academy of Sciences (meal vouchers, kindergarten, sport / culture / pension insurance contribution, etc.)
The employer is the Institute of Molecular Genetics of the Czech Academy of Sciences. The workplace is the CCP building in BIOCEV campus in Vestec.
The initial contract is for 12 month with expected extension upon demonstrated proficiency.
The starting date is January 2023.
Please send your application and CV by e-mail to Mrs. Jana Safrankova (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you have any questions related to the position, please send them to this email as well or call (+420) 325 873 246.