Molecular Biology Lab Technician / Research Specialist
What will be your responsibilities?
- Molecular biology methods (DNA, RNA isolation, PCR, qPCR, WB, cloning etc…)
- Maintaining cell cultures, cell transfection, production of viral particles (AAV, Lenti)
- Support of developmental biology methods, analysis of mouse embryos, genotyping
- In-vivo optical imaging
- Development, testing, and implementation of new methods
- Independent work on bioimaging & embryology unit research projects
- Variety of other tasks as instructed by the supervisor
- Master degree in biology with knowledge of basic molecular biology methods
- Ability to work in English-speaking research team
- Willingness and capability to work with live lab vertebrates and/or their samples (necessary)
- Experience with (bio)imaging is advantage
- Experience with microscopy
Why join us?
- You will become part of an international team dedicated to the highest standards of pre-clinical and basic biological research that is involved in global-scale research projects
- You will work with high-tech equipment in the state-of-the-art bioimaging facility of CCP
- We offer stable work position with a competitive salary and wide spectrum of benefits provided by the Institute of Molecular Genetics and the Czech Academy of Sciences
- Contributions to the pension / life insurance
- Flexible start/end of working hours
- Meal tickets / catering allowance
- Holidays 5 weeks
- Refreshments on workplace
- Contribution to sport / culture / leisure
- Individual schedules of working hours
- Self-organization of the job, Launch of a completely new project
- Launch of a completely new project
The employer is the Institute of Molecular Genetics of the Czech Academy of Sciences. The workplace is the CCP building in BIOCEV campus in Vestec.
The initial contract is for 12 month with expected extension upon demonstrated proficiency. The starting date is negotiable.
Applications consisting of covering letter and structured CV (all in English) or questions related to the position should be sent to Mrs. Jana Safrankova (email@example.com).