Laboratory technician of the PDX unit
For the Czech Centre for Phenogenomics (CCP) hosted by the Institute of Molecular Genetics of the Czech Academy of Sciences (IMG), we announce an open position of Laboratory technician of the PDX unit.
- Preparation and assistance for operations on laboratory animals
- Anesthesia monitoring, basic equipment operation
- Post-operative care of animals
- Including separate professional services
- Monitoring the health status and behavior of animals
- Working with cell cultures, staining preparations, diluting solutions, monitoring stock
- Compliance with work procedures according to SOP
- Another tasks according to instruction from supervisors
- At least high school / college degree in a relevant field (veterinary or medical laboratory technician or equivalent)
- A very good relationship with laboratory rodents
- Manual dexterity and great care
- Medical fitness for working with animals
- Knowledge of standard office software
- Intermediate English (you will daily interact with foreign colleagues)
Experience in the operating theatre of a veterinary clinic or in a (clinical) laboratory focusing on tumours or experience in organoid preparation or cell cultivation is considered advantageous (we accept school practise in the field too). The position is suitable for graduates as well.
We are a top international research facility dealing with all aspects of genetics and physiology of laboratory rodents, so you will get:
- Unique work experience in cancer research, genetics and transgenic technologies
- Opportunities for career development in the field, including possible participation in professional courses in the Czech Republic or abroad
- A diverse workload, friendly working team, competitive salary and bonuses
- Wide spectrum of standard benefits offered by the Czech Academy of Sciences (five weeks of holiday, sick-days, nursery, language courses, sports/culture/insurance allowance etc.)
- Full-time / Part-time work contract negotiable
Applications consisting of covering letter and structured CV or questions related to the position should be sent to Mrs. Jana Šafránková (email@example.com).
We thank all who apply for their interest, however only those candidates who are considered for an interview will be contacted.