For the Czech Centre for Phenogenomics (CCP) hosted by the Institute of Molecular Genetics of the Czech Academy of Sciences (IMG), we announce an open position of Bioinformatician.
CCP is a large research infrastructure that provides unique services for the biomedical and biotechnology research community in the fields of genome editing, phenotyping and animal model research.
- Analysis of images and developing programs for automatic using AI
- Or modelling 3D structure proteins and their interactions using ‘alpha-fold’ SW and aiming to find new structure modulators
- Actively engage in the development and support of process automation initiatives to streamline workflow and drastically reduce time spent on manual data exports
- Lead small team of bioinformatics and performing your own research
- Analysis of big phenotyping data
The best candidate should
- be willing to learn and develop new solutions in data processing
- be experienced in R or in Python (other languages R, Python, MySQL advantage) and
- know Linux and Shell script.
- have a knowledge of statistical analysis.
- be fluent in English (written and spoken)
- have good communication skills and be able to work with the team as well as on a self-contained basis.
- be creative and able to find innovative solutions.
- possess MSc in bioinformatics, statistics, mathematics, or related subject and have relevant track record in the field
Why join us?
- you will become part of an international environment of excellent research facility
- we offer stable work position with a competitive salary/dependent on experience
- diverse and creative work, flexible working hours
- wide spectrum of benefits provided by the IMG and the Czech Academy of Sciences
- full time or part time contract possible
Applications consisting of covering letter and structured CV or questions related to the position should be sent to Mrs. Jana Šafránková (email@example.com).
We thank all who apply for their interest, however only those candidates who are considered for an interview will be contacted.