Junior Data Analyst
For the Czech Centre for Phenogenomics (CCP) hosted by the Institute of Molecular Genetics of the Czech Academy of Sciences (IMG), we announce an open position of Junior Data Analyst.
CCP is a large research infrastructure that provides unique services for the biomedical and biotechnology research community in the fields of genome editing, phenotyping and animal model research.
- pioneering the development of web and shiny applications for in vivo models of human diseases
- ensuring Data Quality and End-to-End Management of Phenotyping Data, from Collection to Publication
- providing support for scientific community data analysis including advanced statistical methods as linear modeling, cluster analysis
- actively engage in the development and support of process automation initiatives to streamline workflow and drastically reduce time spent on manual data exports
The best candidate should
- be willing to learn and develop new solutions in data preprocessing
- be experienced in R (other languages Python, MySQL advantage)
- have a knowledge of statistical analysis
- be fluent in English (written and spoken)
- have good communication skills
- be capable of working with the team and on a self-contained basis
- possess BSc in bioinformatics, statistics, mathematics, or related subject and have relevant track record in the field
- knowledge of addition programming languages
- knowledge of bioinformatics databases
- knowledge of Java
Why join us?
- you will become part of an international environment of excellent research facility
- we offer stable work position with a competitive salary/dependent on experience
- diverse and creative work, flexible working hours
- wide spectrum of benefits provided by the IMG and the Czech Academy of Sciences
- full time or part time contract possible
Applications consisting of covering letter and structured CV or questions related to the position should be sent to Mrs. Jana Šafránková (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We thank all who apply for their interest, however only those candidates who are considered for an interview will be contacted.