Deputy Head of the Transgenic and Archiving Module
Czech Centre for Phenogenomics, member of IMPC and Infrafrontier consortiums is seeking motivated and responsible candidates for Deputy Head of the Transgenicand Archiving Module.
The Transgenic and Archiving Module is currently responsible for generation of novel genetically modified mice and rats using state-of-the-art technologies and is about to establish targeting of cells and cell-based models such organoids or 3D models.
TAM provides a complete service, from the initial gene-targeting design, generation of tools and transgenic rodent models to the genotyping, cryopreservation and breeding of desired animal models for phenotyping.
- Leadership and Supervision: You will be responsible for management of the whole TAM operation, supervising services, experiments, managing a team of laboratory technicians, and coordinating their work within TAM
- Technical Expertise: Hands-on involvement in the generation of genetically modified rodent models (mouse, rat) using methods like microinjections, animal surgery, or electroporation
- Advanced Procedures: Expertise in cryopreservation of mouse embryos and sperm, and the revival of live animals from cryopreserved materials
- Analytical Skills: Proficiency in the analysis of genetically modified lab animals using various genotyping strategies
- Communication skills: there is necessity to deal requests from national and international usersand clients and communicate with our consortial partners (INFRAFRONTIER/EMMA)
- Technology development : You are encouraged to establish research projects to develop and establish new technologies as well as new rodent and cell-based models
- A degree in biological, veterinary, medical or related field
- Interest in learning and understanding of new methods and techniques
- Medical eligibility for work with laboratory animals and animal samples (rodents)
- Proficiency in English and familiarity with office/database software
- A dynamic job in the international environment of a leading science center
- Opportunities for professional growth and further education, including language courses
- Competitive salary
- An array of benefits including five weeks of vacation, three sick-days, and standard benefits from IMG (food allowance, kindergarten, contributions to sport/culture/pension insurances, etc.).
- Full-time position, initially available for 12 months with potential for longer-term extension based on demonstrated proficiency
- Flexible starting date
- Work location: CCP building of BIOCEV in Vestec by Prague
Applications consisting of covering letter and structured CV or questions related to the position should be sent to Mrs. Jana Šafránková (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We thank all who apply for their interest, however only those candidates who are considered for an interview will be contacted.